Thursday, July 5, 2012

Shopping Incident - How local shopkeepers cheat ?

Every 1st to 5th , I shop for groceries, toiletries, washing needs, cloths and many more. I make a list of stuffs I wanted to buy thru out the month and buy most of items on first week of upcoming month.

I usually shop from nearby super market, mainly Star Bazaar or Dorabjee's. I love the discounts, deals and offers they provide. I also like the cozy environment over there.

In last few days, I was down with cough, cold and mild fever. The shopping was needed and so, I headed up to local grocery shop for grocery shopping. Local shops here are run by individuals as sole proprietorship and there is no use of computer, Barcode scanner or CCTV there. Also, no bargain, no offers, no deals, they sale everything on MRP (Maximum Retail Price) printed on the package.


I have no other option and so, given my list of shopping to the shopkeeper and he got what I have ordered. There were more than 30 things, in different pacing, different weights and different states.

At last, he filled all the groceries in a big plastic beg. He handed me a bill of roughly 2000 INR. I paid the bill and put the bag in my car.
After coming home, I re calculated the bill and seen the grocery. The shopkeeper looted me in 3 ways.

1. He calculated INR 17 more in the bill-- I went back next morning and got this money deducted from next purchase.
2. He did not give free gift, which was coming free with a washing supply I bought--  He denied about this miss and told me to recheck in my home.. I know he was lying.
3.I bought black grams. I paid for it. But it was not in my shopping beg. When asked, he lied again.

I have made up my mind not to visit that place again. There is no point to go to consumer court as I don't have sufficient proofs and its very much time taking .

By doing cheating, the local grocery shopkeeper has lost one recurring consumer.


Do you have similar experience? Waiting to hear from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment