Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How I celebrated Diwali 2010


Hmm.. At last, Diwali is over..from many days, or almost a month before Diwali, I was preparing and planning for the big Indian festival.. And as now, it is over, I feel somewhat vacuum in myself. Diwali over?? Ohh no.. Planned for many days and it is over in 3-4 days.. so bad..


The typical Diwali celebration started at Dhanteras. We had a team lunch with office colleges at Rajdhani, Kalyani Nagar, Pune. This restaurant is famous for serving authentic Rajasthani and Gujarati cuisines. And I forgot all my diet plans.. The food was so good..and the best part was it was with my team mates – frank and full of sense of humor..


The next day, means the day before Diwali was food preparation day, and I cooked many dishes. Most of them were dry snaks , which used to be served to the guests..And of course, shopping for Laxmi pooja. I am happy that I took care of  my diet and gym plans that day.

And the festival of lights arrived..Diwali. Entire day went in making rangoli, decorating house, calling friends and relatives and yes, year longed awaited Laxmi pooja. There was a heavy rain in afternoon, that day. And how to forget the 'Firecracker session' at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment