Saturday, November 13, 2010

Excercising and me - part 1



       I have been a thinker for most of my life. I used to think, plan and no execution..just like most of people. When it comes to exercise and health, I was always thinking that I am fit, what if, I am just some kgs. overweight.I can take care of my house, perform all of house hold work,attend office and an above average IT professional, earning equal to my male counterpart... Being size 0 is not only thing in life.. actually speaking, by this thinking, I used to avoid exercising and healthy diet. I was thinking that I can not have any illness in my life, I am not prone to any health disaster and I always look beautiful. What a foolishness!!!

       Last summer, I went thru some health issues followed by a surgery. Due to heavy medications, I started putting on more weight. I used to feel dizzy and sleepy all the day and even started working from home most of the time, as my employer has permitted it. I started avoiding going out as my dressed became small for me and I simply started hating getting ready. I was not able to sit cross legged on floor, as most of indian prefers while eating. My feet used to be numb when I sit cross legged , or even worst when I sit in same position for long. I started getting knee pain when I walk for long. It was clear sign that my legs can not bear my weight more and this is the time to start healthy diet and exercise. Else, it will be too late.

         But, I was not sure, where to start. Waking up late and then struggling to finish household and rushing to office , skipping breakfast was my daily habit from last four and a half years, and it  is very tough to get rid of old habits.. I used to get bored in cooking and then prefers to eat out 3-4 times a week, I never felt thirsty due to humid climate of pune and so, never used to have even 1 ltr water. In addition to this,I was caffeine addicted and was struggling to get out of the caffeine addiction cycle. I knew that I have bad habits, but I did not know how to get out of these. All my knowledge was bookish. And now I wanted to put in real life.

       In the next blog, I will tell you how I start exercise and get out of the bad habits. Keep reading..

Click here to read further

No comments:

Post a Comment